“Between Nothingness and Eternity”.
“ Above the toil of life my soul
Is a Bird of Fire winging the Infinite” (Sri Chinmoy).
paintings inspired by the record “ Birds of Fire” by Mahavishnu Orchestra and the poems of Sri Chimnoy .
front cover : “The Red Thread” ( acrylic) .
- ‘Birds of Fire” ( mixed media)
- “Miles Beyond (Miles Davis) “ ( acrylic)
- “Celestial Terrestrial Commuters” ( mixed media)
- “Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love “ (mixed media on vintage plywood)
- “Thousand Island Park” (acrylic)
- “ Hope ” (acrylic)
- “ One Word” (mixed media)
- “Sanctuary” (acrylic)
- “ Open Country Joy” (oils)
- “Resolution” (acrylic)
back cover : “Beyond Nothingness and Eternity” ( acrylic)
Journey’s End: “The Golden Eye of the Supreme”.
The inspiration for these paintings finds me seeking to break free of former ideas and concepts . “ Miles Beyond “ (2) was a breakthrough . Inspired by the space and freedom found in the intricate music I discovered the “zen calligraphy” that echoes through nature . Branches , star clusters, bird flight , winding rivers and horizons , leaf and stalk shapes. They are all around but we often miss their beauty and message.